Song of Saturn

selfie by Kelli Lynn
by Kelli Lynn



Some say, Saturine dreams already saturate us,

set the boundaries by which we live as slaves to time,

stir the stones up from the Earth, building the walls which imprison,

the most creative parts of our consensually conscious mind.



And yet. . . .



In my life I see the sun's bold burning wisdom

light up my little Leo's eyes as he finds the words to speak.

Doctors diagnose us with depression and autism,

so I swallow bright St. John's Wort and know that joy is mine to keep.



When it comes to Mercury, there's medicine and poison;

my daughter and her daddy bring this message to my feet.

Through coyote tricks they heal me, and I always will adore them.

We'll create new stories when the old ones are complete.



The vanity of Venus inspires a sense of vengeance.

I look upon her paintings and want to smack her off her shell.

Then, Libra that I am, I would just lie beside her,

a face for all my passions, who knows my secrets well.



Speaking of mystery, Mother Moon charts my history,

her soft light drying tears pulled from the sea of my soul.

I bleed into her darkness and make mushroom magic;

with her steadying presence, I feel whole.



When I was a young girl, my father told me stories

of violent and valiant John Carter of Mars.

Decades later, I wore my red stockings

while demanding justice in ANTIFA's march.



Horn of plenty in hand, a robust and royal man, Jupiter

visits me each Christmas on TV.

While I take delight in the sight of how he shows Scrooge to be

present, generous, wealthy, and free, I still know: Jupiter's not for me.



I am Saturn's child.



Though so in tune with Mercury, Venus, Mars, the Sun and the Moon,

a grey witch at the crossroads, I will ever be.



Friend of the Devil.



Midwife of Death.



Devotee to the Crone and Goddess Kali.



My magic is to fully embrace my humanity,

to take the sick systems men have made and

tear them down.